Cholesterol is nothing but the unwanted fat content in the tissues that will affect the blood and heart easily. Cholesterol is of two types. They are LDL and HDL. They are generally called as bad and good cholesterols. That is LDL is called as harmful cholesterol and HDL is called as helpful cholesterol.
Low Density Lipoproteins (LDL)
LDL is known to be the harmful cholesterol, because this will cause a thick layer in your blood vessels and block the passing of the blood through the arteries. This gives rise to heart attack. LDL less than 100 mg/dL is optimal while 190 mg/dL or more means it is high. You have to consult the doctor immediately. Less than 100 mg/dL (milligrams per deciliter) is desirable, 130-159 mg/dL means you are on the borderline of high risk and 190 mg/dL and above is high risk.
High Density Lipoproteins (HDL)
HDL is known to be the helpful cholesterol, because this helps to remove the LDL to your liver and helps to avoid heart block because of LDL. And it also helps in lowering the cholesterol levels. Greater than 60mg/dL leads to some protection against heart attack and heart block. Less than 40 mg/dL (men), less than 50 mg/dL (women) leads to the increase of the risk of heart attack.
Cholesterol rich foods
In meat cholesterol is high. And also in curd and butter too. Junk foods and fast foods also have high cholesterol. Popcorn with butter is not a healthy food for all, because it has contents of cholesterol. Try to avoid cheese made products too, because it has rich cholesterol content.
Foods that lower cholesterol
Apple, pears, spinach, broccoli, carrot, chia, flax seeds and all grains are helpful in lowering cholesterol and you can eat oats daily too. Oats will help to reduce LDL cholesterol in your blood. These foods will definitely help to lower the cholesterol naturally. Eating spinach is a good one. Spinach is good for everyone to eat at any time. Grains are also good for health. They can be used to reduce the fat and cholesterol content in your blood.
How to lower cholesterol naturally
Limit the foods you take daily. That is, try to avoid junk foods and packed foods which are rich in cholesterol. Take healthy and fiber rich foods. Fiber rich foods are carrot, grains, oats, and apples too.
Reasons that affect cholesterol level
- Stress without sleeping and more work on computers.
- Diet is important in maintaining the cholesterol.
- The height and weight of the body should be balanced with the age.
- Heredity is also an important factor for high cholesterol.
- Not doing physical exercise is also a factor.
Tips to reduce cholesterol
- Everyone should always follow a healthy diet to reduce cholesterol.
- Weight and height should be maintained properly.
- Physical exercise should be done daily to reduce and maintain cholesterol level in blood.
Fast ways to control cholesterol
- Eat more fruits, vegetables and grains. In fruit and vegetables, the fiber content is more. That is why, they can help to increase HDL in bloods. This HDL will assist in the reduction of the LDL. Fruits like Apple, Orange, Papaya, Pineapple are good for health. Vegetables like Broccoli, carrot and all grains will be helpful to reduce cholesterol easily.
- Eat foods less in oil, especially olive oil, coconut oil. Most oils are not good for health if you have high LDL in the body. So try to avoid oil in your food. Meat is also to be avoided and also the liver. If you are someone who likes to eat animal proteins a lot, especially the liver of goat and sheep, you may be eating foods that are rich in cholesterol. Chicken is also not too healthy to have often. Eating eggs regularly will result in lesser production of cholesterol by the body.
- Drinking low fat milk and cheese and also eating creamy food should be avoided. Packed foods, that is, junk foods are to be avoided to reduce the cholesterol.
- Take more soy milk and soybeans to reduce the fat.
- Avoid rice in the night and also eat light dinner at the night time. Eating heavy food during the night time also leads indigestion problem and also increases the cholesterol content.
- In the morning, try to eat a lot and in the afternoon, eat a moderate amount of food. That too take vegetables and greens a lot and heavy foods a little.
- After having heavy food, have some hot water. This will help to dissolve your cholesterol in the warm water. In the restaurants, they start our dish with the soups. The main reason behind this is before having the heavy meals and chicken and others, warm water is good to dissolve the fat.
Exercising daily will help to reduce the weight as well as, it helps to reduce the cholesterol present in your blood. Doing Aerobic exercise is a healthy one. Daily 30 minutes or 1 hour of aerobic exercise will help to keep our body fit. Physical exercise is also good to help in keeping our body fit. Daily running and jogging early in the morning also helps to reduce the fat and cholesterol. Physical exercise with proper food will help to lower the cholesterol.
Taking medicines for cholesterol is not a healthy decision. For the time being it may be good. But that is not the correct remedy to avoid cholesterol permanently. With exercise and some food control, we can easily avoid heart attack caused by high cholesterol.
Controlling cholesterol by doing yoga
- Consult the doctor with your health reports so that they can suggest the best way to lower the cholesterol.
- Do breathing exercises. This is the main exercise in yoga. Controlling the breath, that is, the breathe in and breathe out process should be done in a peaceful state.
- Do the pranayama therapy, that is, the deep breathing technique. Inhaling and exhaling using nose for a half minute.
- Use Pranayama Shitli Kumbhak. For this, you need some guidelines from the yoga teacher.
- Try for a natural cure and also a good diet. Laughter therapy can be used as well.
The symptoms of high cholesterols are heart attack, heart block, pain in the legs. While facing these symptoms, consult a doctor immediately and take some preventive measures before facing a big problem.
Cholesterol in Eye
The eyes are a very important organ to maintain if you want to live the life peacefully. Cholesterol may cause spots in the eyes and eyelids also. If there is any irritation or color change or pain in the eye, consult the eye doctor immediately. In the human body, it will affect the circulatory system and digestive system easily. If the cholesterol is too high, it leads to the problems and if it is too low, it also leads to problems. Cholesterol may affect the eye, eyelids, circulatory system and also the liver, brain, etc. So it is best to keep our body fit by eating and doing exercise properly.
By doing meditation, our body and mind gets relaxed and starts to function well. It lowers blood pressure, lower cholesterol, helps in better sleep, decreases the tendency to use drugs, smoking and alcohol. Reduction of stress hormones leads to many benefits and also meditation helps the heart work peacefully.
Due to cholesterol, the skin may get affected and rashes and dryness of the skin may also be caused. It can also become a hereditary problem, the child being affected genetically!
Unknown facts about cholesterol
The human body needs cholesterol to function properly. Good cholesterol is needed to be active. Cholesterol stimulates the sex hormones. Cholesterol plays an important part in stimulating the sex hormones. Pregnant women generally have high cholesterol and during motherhood too, cholesterol will be high, but during the breastfeeding of the child, the level of cholesterol falls down.
Even children may have high cholesterol, because of a genetic disorder. Most children have high cholesterol complaints because of their parents’ heredity. People in the age group of 40-50 may be affected by high cholesterol. Cholesterol helps to protect your skin. But if the cholesterol gets high, some skin infections may also occur. Hence, regular checkups need to be done.
To increase cholesterol
Fish oil is used to increase the HDL, which is helpful in the proper functioning of our body. Garlic also plays an important role in increasing cholesterol. This will reduce LDL, that is, bad cholesterol. Walnuts can also be used to increase the HDL. Soya foods are good for healthy life. So it is always good to have vegetables and fruits that lower your cholesterol.
Cholesterol free body
Avoid all meat and flesh and dairy foods. Eat protein rich foods and also fiber rich foods. All foods contain cholesterol, so try to have foods like grains and wheat more. Try to avoid eating baked food and packed food.
Minerals and vitamins
Calcium is needed. Eat calcium rich foods. We know that calcium is important for teeth and bones, but that is not the only benefit. We needed calcium to support body muscles and nerves. Calcium is found in good proportions in almond, broccoli, etc. Proteins are needed to have a good and strong body. Foods that have a good amount of protein should be eaten to get rid of cholesterol.
Vitamin b12 is needed for the brain and the neurological system. Without B12, it is impossible for the brain to properly. So, to avoid vitamin b12 deficiency, we need to eat fruits and vegetables a lot.
Normally, each person will possess some residual content of cholesterol by nature since it is gained via heredity. Even if the family members take steps to lower the cholesterol, the new baby that’s born will have some extra cholesterol.
So a continuous treatment of cholesterol control will help the family to go through better maintenance of health. You may also make use of technology to reduce the cholesterol in the body. But it may cause some side effects like injuring the other specific tissues and organs of the human which may reduce the functionality. So the preferable method of getting rid or lowering the cholesterol is to go or choose a natural way to lower cholesterol.
Most people prefer to have foods to lower cholesterol so that the bad cholesterol may be lost easily from the body and that too, naturally. Moreover, there are a lot of institutions and programs that teach you how to lower your cholesterol.
You may also participate in conferences and awareness camps about lowering cholesterol naturally as this will help you to compare the different ways that can be adopted to lower cholesterol fast and safely as well.
There will be two main techniques to follow if you are looking for ways to lower cholesterol. The proactive treatment of controlling the cholesterol that should be adopted before the cholesterol amount has risen to serious levels. Otherwise the second one is the post treatment of controlling cholesterol after a certain amount of cholesterol has grown in our body.
So certainly, the food cycle makes an important effect if you have to achieve low cholesterol levels in the body as suggested by the World Health Organization. Hence people are advised to follow a good food cycle or diet for eliminating or lowering cholesterol.
Apart from that, they are advised to know how to lower cholesterol levels naturally without taking any medicine periodically. If people follow diet charts prepared by the physicians or dieticians and eat organic food mostly, then they can most certainly lower cholesterol to a certain level as compared to the earlier level.
The foods that lower cholesterol may be in the form of liquid or solid. It should be consumed without making any artificial addition to the content like color preservative and sugar, etc. This will ensure that whatever we eat will add to our health without increasing the LDL in our body.
Likely, the people who travel frequently around the world should know and check their cholesterol levels whenever there is a change in the food cycle or content. This helps them to maintain their cholesterol level or to lower cholesterol.